We’re looking for a highly skilled Technical Stage Manager with strong sound and relighting capabilities for a small scale tour of HOPELESSLY DEVOTED by Kate Tempest.
To apply please read the job description below and send a CV and short cover letter to email@example.com before 10am on Monday 6th October.
Interviews will be held in London on Wednesday 8th October.
Reporting to: Producer
Principal working relationships: Production Manager, Company Stage Manager
13th October – 2nd November 2014 (rehearse London)
4th – 6th November (technical rehearsal Lincoln)
6th November – 6th December (national tour)
Job Purpose: To manage the technical aspects of the production, with particular regard to its re-lighting and sound, and working with the Company Stage Manager to run the get-in/get-out and tech period. Shared driving of the tour van will also be required.
Key Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
1) To work alongside the Company Stage Manager in rehearsals and pre-touring preparation and arrangement, including pre-rig planning and venue liaison.
2) To support the Producer and Production Manager in co-ordinating, leading and arranging production meetings, and attending other meetings as required.
3) To support the Producer and Company Stage Manager in preparations for the get-in and tech period, liaising with members of the creative and production team to produce a tech schedule as necessary, and manage the get-in, tech period and get-out.
4) To assist in the supervision of any casual staff allocated to the Stage Management / Production Team during the tech period.
5) In conjunction and liaison with the Company Stage Manager, to manage the set-up, rigging (LX and Sound according to plans) and running of all performances, with particular attention to technical aspects, including being on the deck during performances.
6) To be responsible for the daily power-up and power-down of LX and sound equipment, including LX and Sound rig checks.
7) To ensure that the tool and fit-up equipment is kept in a tidy, complete, adequately stocked and secure state at all times and to replace any consumable items within budgets and parameters agreed with the Producer.
8 ) In conjunction and liaison with the Company Stage Manager, to ensure that all Stage Management working areas are kept tidy and clear of waste material and that equipment is maintained to a safe and proper standard.
9) In conjunction and liaison with the Company Stage Manager, to ensure that all the stage and back stage areas are kept clean and tidy and safe at all times.
10) In conjunction and liaison with the Company Stage Manager, to complete any day to day maintenance that may be required of the set, props, furniture and dressing for the production according to the Director’s and Designer’s requirements and within budgets and parameters agreed with Producer.
11) In conjunction and liaison with the Company Stage Manager, to ensure that all work undertaken on the set, props and furniture etc. is completed to the high standards agreed with the Producer.
12) In conjunction and liaison with the Company Stage Manager, to manage the timely get-out of the set and physical aspects of the production at each tour venue.
13) To liaise and co-operate with all other departments and individuals within Paines Plough.
14) To act as a credible ambassador for the company at all times.
15) To share the responsibility of driving the tour van between each of the venues. A valid driver’s license, and an age of at least 21 years is essential.
16) To adhere to the Health and Safety Policy of the company, undertaking such duties as are required, and ensuring that reasonable care is taken to ensure a healthy and safe working environment.
17) To undertake any other appropriate duties which may be allocated by the Producer.
Fee: £430 p/w + weekly touring allowance outside of London based on ITC minimum rates of pay.